Thursday, April 21, 2011

OK its been a while, I was driving manically back from Arizona to New York. Here we go.

First of all, I made this in Kansas:


Yeah. Nothing fancy, but pretty serious. Scrambled eggs, american cheese, ketchup, eggo waffles. What an ass-kicker. This is what Kansas seemed to be all about.

Finally back in New York, after a 24-hour driving binge, I (almost) immediately went and got my fill of Prosperity dumplings, my favorite $1 dumplings in NY.

To my delight, they were so hot off the oil that they literally melted the styrofoam container

The thing about Prosperity is they give you 3 different sauces: black dumpling vinegar, regular white vinegar and sriracha, so you can mix your own perfect sauce.

Pre-saucing

Post-eating

Crispy and fried on the bottom, chewy pork and scallion filling, soft and sticky dumpling dough on top, these little suckers will rock your world. They also have vegetarian ones, but I've never tried them...I always want to but I wind up gorging on pork ones instead. Some day.

1 comment: